Friday, March 26, 2010

All That Glitters is Tol



Cardboard chairs!




The long walk back to the restaurant.
Kris was very upset about the long walk.
Yesterday was Brooke's farewell lunch so some work friends and I went to sushi to celebrate her new job. While we're all sad to see her go, we're happy for her and thrilled that her new office is two buildings away from ours! Brooke chose R23 in downtown LA and it was glorious! It's a sushi restaurant/art gallery/former Santa Fe Railroad building. The food was amazing (I basically ate my weight in sashimi) and the ambiance was very cool. Our friend Tol drove us there and we valeted the car on the way in. After lunch, we decided to really have a field day and go for Yogurtland before heading back to work. We picked up the car from Valet and drove to Yogurtland, got out of the car and started walking the block and a half to frozen yogurt heaven, only to realize that we had lost Tol. We waited and waited and couldn't figure out where he had gone. Finally we walked back toward his car and he was standing there giving us a thumbs down sign and telling us that the valet guy didn't give him his smart key back and now his car wouldn't lock and it also wouldn't start again without the key! We had to walk back to the restaurant (which felt like a mile each way) and then back to the car. By this time we were all ready to call it a day and just drove back to work. At least we had a good laugh and walked off our lunch. Never a dull moment with Tol around. This is a lesson on how technology and gluttony can really screw you at times. We'll miss you Brooke!

15 comments:

Gabriel said...

Life is never boring with Tol around! You really have to watch out for the valet, they'll get you if you're not careful.

Jamie said...

Oh you are making me want sushi!! Friday Sushi Happy hour!! ;)

http://glamlatte.blogspot.com

Brooke said...

Gabe, I totally agree!! He never fails to provide the comic relief :) (whether he likes it or not)! I'll miss you guys too!! So sad...honestly, I would be crying if not for the fact that my new building is literally within eye sight of TRW. So, I know we will be seeing each other when Ro is not in town! :)

Jen said...

My mouth is watering from that sushi!! Yummy!

Have a great weekend!

The Neo-Traditionalist said...

Ohhh that sushi looks so delish! At least you got to chow down before the car mishap : ) Perhaps we'll have Japanese for dinner...mmmm... XO Katie

paula said...

this place looks fabulous.

burcu d. said...

nice pics...the sushi looks so yummy!!

Eri said...

Hi there,

I just came across your blog and really enjoyed it.

Please come and have a look at my page too.

I hope to see you soon.
x

Lisa Lisa Lisa said...

That place looks awesome!!! I love sushi. Looks like a fun lunch.

Thanks for stopping by!

Megan @ Pink O'Clock said...

yum! you can't go wrong with sushi and friends. :) xo

Unknown said...

mmm sushi : )

cute blog!!! I'm a new follower : )

Please check out mine as well and follow if you like it

www.the-blisslist.blogspot.com

Chelsea said...

That sashimi looks great. There's not a day that goes by I don't crave a rainbow roll or any kind of tempura roll. :)

Gabby / Gypsy*Diaries said...

Yummy... btw thanks for coming by my blog and leaving a sweet comment! :) Sounds like you have a wonderful weekend!

P.S: I moved my blog! Please come by to say hi and now you have to follow! :D

THANKS and have a wonderful Sunday!

http://gypsy-diaries.blogspot.com/

Clara Campelo said...

Yummy!
lovely blog!
xxx

Taylor Sterling said...

great post!