Friday, May 7, 2010

Over the Top

Bren from Chasing Beauty gave me the Over the Top award last week and I'm so incredibly thankful and appreciative! She's a makeup artist and her blog is full of fascinating product and makeup tips, beautiful pictures, and stories about working at her dream job! Check out her blog when you have a chance, you'll love it!
8x8 Game:
The lovely Life as a California Wife tagged me for the 8x8 game on Monday!
Here are the rules:
1]. Go to your photos files and select the 8th photo folder.
2]. Select the 8th photo in that folder.
3]. Post that photo along with the story behind it.

When Gabe and I were first dating, he would photo shop our heads into funny pictures like this and e-mail them to me with a little story about the picture. I can't remember what the story behind this one was, but I'm assuming it had something to do with a dream he had. He did this every day for at least a year and always seemed to impress me with his creative stories and photo shop skills. The time, effort, and attention to detail he used in order to make me laugh are just a few of the many reasons I was hooked.

I'd like to pass this award and the 8x8 game to the following amazing bloggers whose posts and comments always make me smile. Visit their fabulous blogs and I know they'll make you smile too.

Ashley from Sweet Southern Prep
Same Sweet Girl: Memoir of a Southern Belle

21 comments:

Diana Mieczan said...

What a cute photo! Ohhh it put a hige smile on my face:)
Kisses and have a great weekend:)

Diana Mieczan said...

I mean huge

Sweet Southern Prep said...

This is such a great, fun post! Thanks for passing along this award. Can't wait to do it later today. :)

Gabriel said...

That made me laugh! I don't remember the story behind this one, maybe some weekend plans? I was really into you(and still am!).

Amanda @ Life with A.Co said...

Haha nice pic! That's such a sweet story! aww :)

Congrats on your award! YIPEE!

A.Co @ A.Co est. 1984

Whitney said...

That's so awesome!!:) My husband photoshops monsters into our photos!!

Cafe Fashionista said...

That's truly the cutest story ever! And I lvoe that picture!

Congratulations on the tag!! :)

Marcie said...

Hilarious picture. That looks like something Gemma would do to a picture of us. I didn't know Gabe was a sky diving instructor, pretty impressive :).

Have a great weekend!
Marcie

Unknown said...

Haha... so funny and adorable!!! It almost looks real! ;)

You should try it someday.

Anonymous said...

Love the picture :) So cute the your husband did that for you!

gotmilk said...

HAHA the funniest part is how the photoshop is so bad (no offense gabe), but makes it so hilarious. it's like a jibjab.com animation.

Tina Tang said...

That is just hilarious!!! HAHAHA
Loving the picture!

http://tinatangblog.blogspot.com/
http://www.tinatang.com/

Diana Mieczan said...

Btw: I love when the person in front of me let's me go ahead...but it does not happen often! Kisses my lovely:)

Unknown said...

That is the most adorable thing I've ever heard! Storytellers are keepers! Have a great weekend and thanks for stopping by my blog :)

Josie said...

Haha, you two are hilarious. So cute.
xxoo Josie
http://winksmilestyle.blogspot.com

Elle said...

How cute! I love that idea... what a charming way to get someone's attention... I bet you have such great pictures!

Leah said...

This pic is cracking me up! So funny and cute!

Louise (Fifth Sparrow) said...

Haha That's an awesome photo! You guys are adorable (and adventurous, going sky-diving and all!) Congrats on the award! xx

SabinePsynopsis said...

Ahh, your 8x8 picture and story is just too lovely! Nothing like a guy who makes you laugh... Wishing you a great weekend!

Lisa Lisa Lisa said...

That is so cute!!! That is such a fun idea. I bet the pictures made you laugh all of the time! =)

Bren said...

OMG...he did this everyday?! Wow!!! That's amazing! I always love hearing about you and your husband! You two are adorable! :)

...and thank you for the sweet comments and blog love! I feel the same about you too. xoxo