Thursday, May 13, 2010

Songs That Make Me Happy

I'm sure you all have those songs that bring you back to a great place just by hearing the first few notes. Maybe they remind you of your first car and getting your driver's license, maybe they remind you of Junior Prom, or your first days off at college. But we all have those songs that bring back such vivid wonderful memories of younger days. Here are a few of my favorites that always make me smile. What are yours?

Paperboy-Ditty
Skee-Lo- I Wish
Rupert Holmes-Do you Like Pina Coladas
Nicki French-Total Eclipse of the Heart
Cher- The Shoop Shoop Song (It's in His Kiss)
The Beatles-Twist and Shout
Young MC-Bust a Move
John Mellencamp-Cherry Bomb
Van Morisson-These are the Days (our wedding/first dance song)

















12 comments:

Diana Mieczan said...

I love the “A Perfect Day” song!
It always puts me in a great mood!
Great selection of songs!
Have a sunny Thursday :)
Kisses

Lisa - respect the shoes said...

Is it weird that songs by The Doors put me into a good and "groovy" mood? I just saw a documentary about them last night that brought back all the Jim Morrison love.

Sweet Southern Prep said...

What a great wedding song. Love Van Morrison! Other favorites from him are Brown Eyed Girl and Crazy Love. Our wedding song was Let's Stay Together by Al Green. Still love it!

Anonymous said...

Rick. Astley. And anything Van Morrison. He's the man.

Melanie@Unravelled Threads

Marcie said...

Ditty!!! That reminds me of college freshman year! HAHA, you are so right about songs taking you back to very exact moments in your life. I love it.

Great post!
Marcie

Poppies and Sunshine said...

Ah there are too many songs to think of! Definitely one that brings me back to some special times is "Don't Worry Baby" by the Beach Boys.

Unknown said...

Chasing Cars by Snow Patrol. Our guitarists played it while I walked down the aisle. Perfect.

Bren said...

Oh gosh...there's so many! Pretty much any song off of Heart "Little Queen" puts me in a good mood, and makes me think of my best friend.

Chasing Beauty

i'm a tol man. said...

paperboy is a classic!! love that jam!!! val, i never knew u had such great taste in music!

Sarah said...

wait! you forgot about pumps in the bump.

Josie said...

Everyone has these songs! Must say that super embarrassing songs, like LFO's "Every Other Time," tend to hold memories for me. Nevershoutnever's "Happy" is so charming, and I do love the Jackson 5's "I Want You Back" -- I always smile when it comes on!
xxoo Josie
http://winksmilestyle.blogspot.com

Kayla said...

I always cheer up to any john melloncamp or bon jovi. I instantly picture my mom cooking and singing with me growing up.

http://ramblingofasmalltowngirl.blogspot.com/