Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Easy Microwave Fudge







I grew up in a family who loves dessert. Over the years this genetic sweet tooth brought us to discover/create countless quick recipes for sweets (such as these peanut butter cookies). This fudge is one of my favorite desserts and takes only minutes to make (in the microwave, no less). It has only four ingredients and can be altered in numerous ways depending on what flavor you're craving. Over the weekend, I made a batch with chocolate and peanut butter, which was fantastic. But I also like to use chocolate/butterscotch, white chocolate/peanut butter, and chocolate/toffee bits/nuts. The options are endless.

Easy Microwave Fudge
3 cups chocolate chips (I substituted 1 cup of chocolate for 1 cup of peanut butter chips)
1 can sweetened condensed milk
1/4 cup butter
1 tsp vanilla

Add all ingredients to a microwave safe bowl and melt chips for 3-5 minutes, stirring every two minutes. Pour into a greased 8x8 baking dish. Refrigerate until set.

26 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm all about an easy recipe! Looks delicious :)

annelise said...

YUM!

Diana Mieczan said...

Yummy...I love your recipes:) I am saving this one for sure:)
Hugs and kisses

Chas said...

Yum! Looks delicious and super easy!

Nikki said...

This looks so easy that it might be dangerous. Sounds delish Valerie!


xx
Niiki

Lindsay said...

This is WAY to easy! Thanks sweet girl :)

ChinkyGirLMeL said...

Oh yum! Have a yummy day my dear. I absolutely heart chocolates. You should head on over to youtube and search for chocolate bark videos, they are so easy and fun to make. =)

Gabriel said...

So delicious! Best served on a platter! But, watch out you might just eat the whole platter of fudge and not even notice!

heather said...

Oh man! That is SOOO easy! Awesome quick Turkey day treat!

Josie said...

Microwavable. Fudge. This is possibly the happiest thing I've seen all week, Valerie. Not a joke.
xo Josie
http://winksmilestyle.blogspot.com

Mrs. Parker said...

Yum! Microwavable Fudge! Delicious!
Thanks for sharing Valerie!
xo anna

Marcie said...

What! It is microwaveable! This is fantastic, Val! It is perfect for those days when I need to make a dessert for a part but don't have the time and don't want to do store bought. This is my favorite food post yet!!

xo M

Sarah said...

yum! these look delicious, i'm making them immediately.

Alicia Lund said...

oooh this just seems too easy - which means i can definitely make it! ;)

Amber said...

you had me at Microwave

erica said...

how awesome is this! My husband wants some fudge so I am definitely going to give this a try!

xo

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness Valerie! This sounds so simple and looks so yummy! I think I will give these a try!

Kristen said...

PB+Chocolate is the best combo ever.

love your nail color!

this free bird said...

Val I totally want to make this (to hell with the diet for a few days) and toss in the toffee and the nuts. How do you keep the toffee from melting though? help!!

xo,
carrie

Jess said...

Fudge made in the microwave?? I'm all over this!

Lisa Griffin said...

fudge in the microwave??? i'm a total goner!
www.indramaticfashion.com

STYLE'N said...

I love all your easy bake recipes! This is a must try.

Lisa Lisa Lisa said...

These are FANTASTIC!!! And I think I would use 2 and a half cups of chocolate chips, the one half cup Nutella!!!! Delicious.. I'll let you know if I do and how it turns out.

Ashley said...

I've always wanted to make homemade fudge and haven't had the nerve. I'm totally going to use your recipe!

Siri said...

I love how you include a picture of your hubby eating all of your treats. Great touch : )

Oh, My Darling said...

Yum, what a treat!!