Thursday, April 1, 2010

The Wedge


Why does it seem like cute shoes and comfortable shoes have to be mutually exclusive? One of my goals for the summer is to find a few pair of heels that will not torture my feet if Gabe and I decide to walk to dinner (which we do fairly often). During the winter it's a bit easier because high heeled boots seem to be more comfortable than pumps/heeled sandals. However, the wedge can definitely save the day and be my new best friend (sorry Gabe) if I could just get my hands on a comfortable pair. These are a few of the wedges I've been eyeing lately for summer. I would not consider any of them cheap, but I feel like shoes are a good place to splurge, especially if there's going to be some lengthy walks in our future.

Row 1:
Rag & Bone-Sahara Oxford Wedges $390
Kelsi Dagger-Juno $125
Diane von Furstenburg-Opal Crisscross Wedge Sandals $295

Row 2:
Pour La Victoire-Women's Tula Open Toe Wedge $310.95
Matisse-Women's Camille Wedge Sandal $74.84 (sale)
Jeffrey Campbell-Tick Wedge Bootie $200

4 comments:

Christina said...

The DVF's are my fave! You need to invest so they will be comfortable. I will be looking for a new sandal soon.

Anonymous said...

Love these! Can't wait to start wearing my wedges.

Gabriel said...

This is not looking good for me, I'm being replaced by a pair of shoes; an expensive pair of shoes, soon to be in your closet...I'm going to need a moment to absorb this. And I didn't know what a wedge was until 5 minutes ago. I thought a wedge was just a golf club.

paula said...

wedges are my absolute fave. just got a great pair from banana republic.