Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Penne Bolognese






I'm starting to feel settled here in Michigan and have been happily making myself at home in the kitchen.  After Gabe's first liver transplant as an attending (which went well), I decided to try making one of his favorite meals to celebrate, Penne Bolognese.  It was a first for me, so I was thankful it went well and Gabe and I both loved the results.  It was hearty, comforting, and so delicious.  I used this recipe, substituting the ground beef chuck for ground sirloin, which was a little leaner but still full of flavor.  If you love Bolognese, this is definitely a great recipe that doesn't require hours in the kitchen.

10 comments:

Siri said...

Mmm, I could eat this for BREAKFAST.

Erica said...

Total comfort food, YUM!

Sarah said...

my mouth is watering just looking at these photos. i will definitely need to try this recipe!

Josie said...

One of my all-time favorite meals! I'm so glad that Gabe's work is going well and am thrilled that you're settling in! Let me know if you two ever feel like hitting up a Notre Dame football game; you're not so far away anymore...
xo Josie
www.winksmilestyle.com

Lindsay said...

I can't believe you moved. SO glad you are back to blogging though :)

Jackie said...

mmm this looks really good. I will have to add this to my must try list.

Gabriel said...

This is definitely one of my favorites! I'd like some more please!

PursuitOfLLT said...

i love giada's recipes!

this looks amazing, val! i want to dive into it right now :)

Val said...

I adore a good bolognese!!! Looks amazing!

Lindsay With An "A" said...

YUM! Just emailed the recipe to myself to make when my husband gets back from the road trip he's on now! Glad you're settled in in MI! :)